Nutriment Liver Support 500g
Nutriment’s Liver Support formula is specifically designed to maintain overall canine health, paying specific attention to the liver. As with humans, optimal liver health is extremely important for the overall health and happiness of dogs. Containing responsibly sourced white fish and human-grade quality beef, this recipe is naturally rich in essential nutrients required to maintain the healthy function of a dog’s liver. Our in-house canine nutritionists carefully select biologically appropriate ingredients which taste great and are easy to digest, so that you can nutritionally support your dog whilst providing maximum food enjoyment. Our recipes form part of a species-appropriate diet, free from common allergens, such as grains, which are commonly found in commercial dog food and can have unpleasant side effects on your dog’s digestive system.
- A species-appropriate diet that does not contain any grains, refined carbohydrates, or high-starch ingredients
- Moderately restricted protein
- Increased vitamin C and vitamin E
- Enhanced Zinc levels discouraging absorption of divalent cations
- Restricted Copper levels
- High L-Carnitine and L-Arginine levels
- Restricted, appropriate phosphorus levels to support muscle maintenance and healthy liver function
White Fish (Haddock, Pollock), Tripe, Beef Heart, Beef Liver, Broccoli, Butternut Squash, Pumpkin Seeds, Parsley, Sunflower Seeds, Dandelion Root Powder, Basil, Kelp
- White fish (Haddock, Pollock) has innately low levels of copper. It is also good source of protein and rich essential fatty acids as well as being one of the most highly digestible proteins.
- Dandelion has prebiotic properties and can support blood purification.
- Basil is high in Vitamin K which aids in blood clotting.
- Pumpkin seeds are a good source of Zinc which supports liver detoxification.
- Sunflower is high in Vitamin E which helps has many documented benefits.
- Moisture - the natural presence found in the ingredients
- Protein - are biological molecules consisting of one or more chains of amino acids
- Fat - includes all fats: saturated fats, trans fats, and the unsaturated fats, polyunsaturated and monounsaturated
- Ash (inorganic matter) - is the inorganic residue remaining after the water and organic matter have been removed
- Fibre - the term given to the indigestible part of food
For dogs, the liver has many responsibilities in multiple body systems. It produces bile for effective digestion, produces proteins for blood clotting, it detoxifies the blood, stores vitamins and metabolises sources of energy. Optimal liver function is imperative for the overall health of a dog.
The main protein source of our liver support recipe is white fish. White fish, such as Haddock and Pollock, has moderately restricted protein and innately low levels of copper which are both important when being mindful of liver health. It is also rich in essential fatty acids and easily digestible protein and amino acids. Supplementary superfoods such as dandelion, basil, and pumpkin seeds contain essential nutrients such as vitamins K, C and E as well as prebiotics, which are all important for maintaining optimal liver health. Our liver support recipe also contains enhanced levels of zinc for discouraging absorption if divalent cations, high L-Carnitine and L-Arginine levels and restricted yet appropriate phosphorous levels to support muscle maintenance and healthy liver function.
Some breeds of dog are more susceptible to developing liver conditions such as liver disease, however genetics and age can also be a contributing factor. Nutriment’s liver support recipe is an ideal way to nutritionally support your dog for optimal liver function and overall health.
Nutriment’s award-winning Support range is specifically designed to maintain specific areas of your dog’s health. With innovative recipes to support kidney, liver and pancreas health, as well as varieties to support recovery and weight management, Nutriment’s raw dog food solutions deliver high-quality nutrition in flavourful and energy dense portions.
Our liver support recipe is available in 500g trays.