Hilton Herbs Aloe Vera
ALOE VERA (2:1 EXTRACT)
For internal use with all animals
- Helps support and maintain healthy tissue and cells
- has a strong affinity for skin and epithelial tissue, making it appropriate for both internal and external use
- makes an excellent base liquid to which other plant tinctures or essential oils can be added to create washes, gels or sprays
- often used for digestive issues
Extract of Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) 2:1 with water
Aloe Vera can be added to feed on a daily basis, if possible, splitting the required amount between two feeds. It can also be used externally. Guidelines:
- Horses/Ponies: as directed by your vet : 50 to 120 ml per day
- Dogs: up to 25 Kg give 2.5 to 5 ml daily : 25+ Kg give 5 ml daily increasing towards 10 ml daily
- Cats: (average weight 4kg) : 10 to 15 drops twice daily (1 ml = 20 drops)
Note: Aloe Vera can have a slight laxative effect, so we suggest starting with a lower amount increasing gradually or as advised by your vet.
If you have any concerns about your animal's health please contact your vet immediately. If you have any queries about using this product, or if your animal is pregnant, please contact our Helpline 0800 052 3672 (Freephone) or email email@example.com
The Aloe Vera we sell, both as a straight product or as an ingredient in our topical/external products is grown and processed only from US Aloe Vera. This Aloe Vera has NOT been high heat pasteurised.
Aloe that is imported into the US from Mexico or Central America is required by the US government to be high heat pasteurised prior to entry into the US, which has a negative impact on the enzyme content.
We use Aloe Vera made using leaves grown to maturity in organic fields of Southern California. Mature leaves are chosen because of their high enzyme content. Enzyme-active Aloe Vera is particularly recommended for topical use as the enzymes allow better absorption through the skin.
The leaves are stripped of their skin, and the underlying yellow layer that contains a harsh substance called Aloin is removed. Aloin has a strong laxative action.
The inner leaf gel is then crushed, blended and filtered to achieve liquid consistency. The end product is tested by an independent laboratory and contains less than 4/10ths of 1% ppm of Aloin.
Our Natural Aloe Vera 2:1 liquid can be used both internally and externally, and is a perfect natural carrier for use in skin care or massage formulas, and can be used as a base liquid to which plant extracts or essential oils can be added to create skin washes and sprays.